Google Play Store is the home for millions of Android apps and games. You can locate too many apps for a particular category, if you were looking to customize Android home screen, you might have faced a plethora of homescreen replacement apps.
But one thing remains pathetic; introducing impressive Android launchers leave adverse effect in battery backup. After all, battery saving apps could help you to get out of this situation. But, what if you have some best Android launchers that don’t drain the battery and provides you the ample customization room? That isn’t too shabby. Suppose, if you have iPhone launchers, you can bring the iOS user interface and icon style on Android.
We are listing some of the home screen replacement or best Android launchers 2017. Let’s Dive In!
List Of Best Android Launchers In 2017
- List Of Best Android Launchers In 2017
- 1. Nova
- 2. Apex
- 3. Google Now
- 4. Action Launcher
- 5. C Launcher
- 6. Launcher 8
- 7. Go Launcher Ex
- 8. Buzz Launcher
- 9. Everything Me
- 10. Line (Formerly Dodol)
- 11. Smart Launcher 3
- 12. Z Launcher
- 14. Next 3D Launcher
- 15. Apus
- 16. Lollipop Launcher
- 17. Hola Launcher
- 18. Lightning Launcher
- 19. Themer
- 20. Aviate Launcher
- 21. KK Launcher
- 22. Windows 7 Launcher
Nova Launcher was developed by TeslaCoil Software, one of the pioneers to design the full-fledged home screen launcher. It has dozens of features for optimum performance, and it doesn’t lack in the look. The free version lacks core customization features, but Prime make the way easier. It also helps you to customize Android lock screen without any hassles. Best part, if you dig deep you’ll find some cool yet appealing Nova launcher themes & icon packs, to use its full potential you have to make use of it.
Nova stands out in the host of Android launchers. It changes the user interface (UI), homescreen, icons packages, app drawers, animation with one-click. Further, it has more room to handle any widgets including full-sized android clock widgets. Do check some of the cool nova launcher tips & tricks to enhance the customizability.
- Custom grid options.
- Easily scrollable docks.
- Infinite scroll.
- Fantastic scroll effect.
- Distinct folder icons.
- Hide apps within the drawer.
- Easy backup/restore feature.
Being the opponent of Nova, Apex Launcher takes the Android customization to the next level. It delivers exactly same as Nova, with slight modifications. It is available in two formats, Free and paid. If you are a regular user, go with free If are a power user, I recommend to choose the pro version. If you could align with any Google Pixel launcher or icon pack apps you are ready to move to the Android Nougat experience.
Being the homescreen replacement app, you can customize the grid size, equipped with scrollable docks. Apart from that, you’ll also get the two types of scrolling effect, infinite and elastic scrolling. Overall, everything remains professional; you can customize folders, icons, transition effects and others.
- Customizable grid and homescreen size.
- Scrollable docks.
- Infinite and elastic scrolling.
- Folder and app icon customization.
- Great transitional effects.
- Sortable app drawer.
- Smooth homescreen gestures.
- Backup and restore.
3. Google Now
Edit: Google Now will be discontinued from the Play Store, we have already covered some of the alternative Google Now launcher, make sure you check it out. It will be replaced with Google Pixel launcher shortly.
Many things were changed in the Android, but one thing remains unchanged, it is Google now launcher. It is one of the practical smartphone companions from big G, which is the default launcher. You’ll also get the Google Now, Android personal assistant, that comes with this stock – android launcher. Moreover, it provides the pure Android experience which is its heart rendering feature.
- One of the best launcher app with the tremendous reputation in the play store.
- Updated on the frequently to get rid of bugs.
- Google voice search is integrated for smooth surfing.
- Fast and reliable launcher for Android smartphones.
- You’ll get more traditional widgets.
4. Action Launcher
Action Launcher is adventurous launcher equipped with tons of features to work on. Though it is the highly customizable launcher, you’ll get some unique features which will be cornerstone feature of Action. The simple and intuitive user interface makes it ample for production, by the way, you can customize as per your needs.
However, we have noticed that this launcher needs some great rendering smartphone (a.k.a good processor + ample RAM). Apart from that, quick drawer and quick bar is something unique with this beast.
- Quickdrawer and Quickbar.
- Covers and Shutters.
- Change themes instantly with a Quick theme.
- Fastest scrollable docks over other launchers.
- Infinite and elastic scrolling for smooth control.
- Easy back/restore supported.
5. C Launcher
If you are budget Android phone user, then C launcher makes your day more charming. It makes use of the indigenous mobile resource for the optimum look and copious performance. It can even run in the low-end smartphone so that it would be a mid-rangers launcher.
The large and winsome icons, alluring transition effect, makes it best. You can personalize icons, themes, docks, scroll types, grid size and much more.
- Personalize your home screen is easy with this app.
- Glowing themes and HD wallpapers are the main attractions.
- Booster center features are untaken.
- Nine distinct characteristic effects.
- Tons of rehash features are included.
6. Launcher 8
If you are fond of Windows phone, unfortunately, you can’t afford for a smartphone. Then Launcher 8 comes handy; it is one of the best Windows launcher. It will bring you the tiles menu that resembles the Windows OS if you were an Android user it sounds awkward. Once you started using, you’ll fit into the gap.
It changes the homescreen, icon size & style, and transition effect. It would be a refreshing homescreen replacement app if you were fed up with the long-established launchers. If you are confused then check out our comparison between Android vs Windows post to get more insight.
- Pure Windows experience without being annoy.
- Mind-Blowing transitions and home screen.
- Customizable app icons and drawer.
- Tiles on the home screen are the center of attraction.
- Other unusual features are hidden here.
- Upgrade for Pro to get most out of it.
7. Go Launcher Ex
Go Launcher Ex is the standard launcher that deserves the sweet spot. It supports the vast variety of features to transform your Android phone into a strange yet aesthetic piece. You’ll find a broad range of exclusive widgets and themes; that makes you as a ravishing fan.
You can get tons of personalizing capability, but it even has some demerits apart from its merits. The traditional advertisement makes it a setback. At some extent, you’ll see the sponsored apps or bloatware. Do check some of the Go launcher Ex themes and icon packs to ramp up the process of customizing your smartphone.
- You can quickly mutate app drawer.
- Sort apps by Type, date, and frequency of use.
- Infinite scrolling for the mobile experience.
- Widgets like weather, clock, and calendar widgets are packed.
- Astonishing transition effects.
- Best performance with the minimal battery use.
8. Buzz Launcher
If you need something wired or anything that would replace the classic homescreen theme, then Buzz Launcher would be the way-to-go solution.The spin style homescreen drawer is the core feature; we bet you are going to love this.
It is innovative, unique, and something out of the box. Apart from the graphic UI it delivers, you will also be amazed at its speed and response of the launcher. After creating a buzz in the Android arena, it makes perfect sense to pick this one.
- Multiple HD wallpapers screens supported.
- Easily to edit and resize the icon structure.
- Customizable folders in home screen/drawer.
- A full range of gestures is supported.
- Multiple grids with up to 12*12.
9. Everything Me
Everything Me is another great player in the Android launcher industry. It unleashes the power of Android customization, which provides you the bumper space to personalize your smartphone. Undoubtedly, it worth the installation.
Everything Me launcher provides the insane android customization without any doubt. With its advanced search option, you can be unstoppable. More features like Quick contact, Prediction bar (Awesome) more are coming out of the box.
- Sophisticated and upgraded search.
- Quick contacts enabled.
- Packed with prediction bar.
- Personalized home screen.
- Equipped with context bar for insane productivity.
- Smart folders (Apps are auto-arranged as per your interest)
- Search phone for the fastest response.
10. Line (Formerly Dodol)
If you were familiar with the apps like Whatsapp, you’ll know the Line Messenger. They moved a step forward, to high-jump to launch their first Android launcher. Formerly, it is known as Dodol; now it is rebranded as Line Launcher.
It is not bad looking launcher for Android which is packed with some cool features. Although is it graphically intensive, you won’t notice any sluggish experience. Well, that why it is called as the fastest Android Launcher till date.
- This launcher comes with memory booster and battery saver options.
- Traditional line characters/stickers are assessable.
- Over 3000+ themes that are free to reach.
- Advance “Comprehensive Search”.
- High customizable Homescreen/app drawer.
11. Smart Launcher 3
Smart Launcher is one more launcher that is quite faster and unique when compared with other personalisation apps. The spin style home screen is the most familiar one, and yet it what I like with Smart Launcher.
You’ll get many default widgets, themes, wallpapers with this launcher app. In this pro version, you can get the highly optimized home screen as per your choice.
- One of the best minimalistic home screen app.
- Simple yet effective way of customization.
- Switch seamlessly from portrait/landscape.
- Customize home screen with spin style option.
- Quickly change the app icon, color, and shape.
12. Z Launcher
Z launcher is the handsome launcher developed by the former Nokia (now merged with Microsoft). Being the best Android launcher Z launcher only stood up with the brand awareness of the mobile giant Nokia. But the core features of Z launcher are its gestures compatibility and silky smooth scrolling effects.
Though it has some Wow features, still it lacks the widgets that made this for ranking in #13. Although, it doesn’t matter, so go ahead and install this best launcher for android phone.
- Alphabetical app drawer.
- Smooth and infinite scrolling.
- Complete gestures control.
- The only under-developing version is available.
- You can expect much more from feature updates
14. Next 3D Launcher
Next Launcher 3D is an excellent app for enjoying the astonishing 3D effects on your mobile phone. This superlative launcher is evolved under the same team of Go Launcher; this launcher brings many benefits with it. Among them, the 3D user experience is the worth mentioning feature that I’ve encountered in this launcher app.
If you are unique and thought of adding something different each time to your home screen, Next Launcher 3D is what you need. It is only available in the trial version; you’d to pay some amount for the full version.
- Stunning 3D effects that make it premium.
- Resize size and shape of the elements as per your choice.
- You can create folders in app drawer/home screen.
- Easily to change the available themes and icons.
- Lovely floating elements.
Apus products were always small and pretty powerful, and usually, delivery what they preach. Like Apus Android web browser, even Apus launcher is small in size and help you to take control of your home screen personalization.
Apus is a small launcher and carries some excellent features with it. Being the straightforward and little app, Apus doesn’t compromise on the quality. You can’t expect too much in this launcher since it is only around 2 Mega Byte in size. Though, I would say one of the best Android launchers without any ads and the best performer as well.
- Straightforward and minimal animation effects.
- Online wallpaper collections to change your smartphone look.
- Apus radar helps you out to find some cool apps that what others are looking for.
- Useful notification toggle bar.
- Search bar comes in.
16. Lollipop Launcher
If you are an Android Jelly bean or KitKat user, then Lollipop launcher help you to experience the Android v5.0 UI. It is pretty simple and conventional launcher that is quite standard.
Even if you’d Lollipop out of the box, you could try this launcher. If you don’t yet get the official announcement for the Android upgrade, meanwhile you can try the lollipop launcher for your Android phone.
- Turn your device into Android L device.
- You can enjoy the complete user interface as in lollipop.
- Adjustable Android app drawer.
- Search anywhere by just commanding “Okay Google” from your phone.
- The Best part it is completely free!
17. Hola Launcher
Hola is another great homescreen customization app that does the job extremely well as an Android launcher. Being the leading Android launcher Hola takes care of your smartphones transformation task.
Though it is the small android launcher still, you can expect some pro features. The pro feature is suffused with sharp features and ads-free user interface.
- Equipped with 12 distinct transition effects.
- Packed with gestures capability.
- T9 dial search with pad (new feature)
- Personalized home screen.
- Hide apps within app drawer.
- Fast and reliable launcher.
18. Lightning Launcher
The lightning launcher is another app which is pretty fast as the name itself. You can change the whole home screen with this app without any inconvenience.
You can transform your device by changing the each and every detail on your android phone. Being the best launcher for Android, it provides profile personalization features to tweak your smartphone for better looking. Apart from that, it even fine tunes your smartphone for maximum performance.
- Multiple themes empower this android launcher.
- Infinite scrolling (vertically)
- Quickly customization options.
- Change App/folder Icon, font, and alignment.
- Free makes it ranking stable
Themer is a fastest yet free launcher for Android to enjoy the fast and initiative experience in your mobile without any trouble.
Themer Android home screen app has different, colorful wallpapers, themes, and icons package to change your smartphone look which may annoy you. It automatically categorizes your apps and transition effect as per your tone.
- Try any things entirely for free of cost.
- 320+ premium themes are available.
- Complete icon package solution.
- Customize your theme.
- Navigation and notification bar equipped.
- High-Quality wallpapers available.
- Categorises apps under the certain genre.
20. Aviate Launcher
Aviate is another best launcher for android acquired by the Yahoo Inc. Aviate launcher is one among the user-friendly Android launcher apps which adapt themselves for the user usage.
It marks the similar kind of apps under a particular category which makes you access it instantly. Aviate is the another best home screen app for Android.
- Similar to Google now expect app drawer.
- Smart screens are the impressive feature.
- The app drawer is unique with collections of apps.
- Assigning app to the category is entirely accurate.
- Fast and responsive launcher.
21. KK Launcher
KK Launcher is something similar to that of the Lollipop launcher, but with a different color, icon package and transition effects. You can easily customize your complete android phone look with few click.
There are many themes out of this best launcher for android among them KitKat, Lollipop and default are familiar one. You can try free version if it is essential to do n’t hesitate to upgrade you won’t lose your money.
- Customizable grid and home screens.
- KitKat, Lollipop themes are packed within this best android launcher.
- Hide apps in the drawer without any hassle.
- Tons of free and paid themes are available.
- Gestures supported (limited for free users)
- Packed with vivid wallpapers and widgets.
22. Windows 7 Launcher
If you are a desktop user, you might have used Windows 7 at least few times. What if you have got some Window 7 launcher for your Android? doesn’t it cool? Yeah, it would be. Unfortunately, Windows 7 Launcher is not available in the Play Store, but we have apk file for you 😉 Just download the app & install in your smartphone, set as default launcher you are good to go.
Summing up Best Android Launchers 2017,
If you were an avid Android phone user, you could go through these Android customization apps to take your slice of personalisation. These best launchers for Android 2017 help you to change the grid size, drawer, wallpapers and other things without any requirement, even root access.
Sharing is caring, isn’t it? Feel free to share with your friends and relatives.