21+ Best Launchers For Android 2016 (Homescreen Replacement Apps)
Google Play Store is the home for millions of android applications and games. You can locate too many apps for a particular category, if you were looking to customize android home screen, you can get too many launchers to tweak the UI.
But one thing remains pathetic, introducing impressive Android launcher applications leave adverse effect in battery backup. After all, battery saving applications could help you to get out of this situation. But, what if you’d an android launcher that doesn’t drain battery and provides you the ample customization room? That isn’t too shabby.
Well, let’s face it.
You don’t have to be a pro to customize your phone’s home screen, with some best launchers, you’ll get a root access for the customization. Suppose, if you’d iPhone launcher on your android phone, you can bring the iOS user interface and icon style on your Android.
We are listing some of the best android launchers for 2016, that will help you to tweak your smartphone’s UI and icons.
Let’s Dive In!
Best Launchers For Android 2016 For Powerful Customization
- Best Launchers For Android 2016 For Powerful Customization
- #1. Nova Launcher
- #2. Apex (Best Launcher For Tablets)
- #3. Google Now Launcher
- #4. Action Launcher
- #5. C Launcher
- #6. Launcher 8
- #7. Go Launcher Ex
- #8. Buzz Launcher
- #9. Everything Me Launcher
- #10. Line (Former Known as Dodol)
- #11. Smart Launcher 3
- #12. Z Launcher 2016
- #14. Next 3D Launcher
- #15. Apus (Light-Wieght Launcher)
- #16. Lollipop Launcher
- #17. Hola Launcher
- #18. Lightning Launcher
- #19. Themer
- #20. Aviate Launcher
- #21. KK Launcher
#1. Nova Launcher
Nova Launcher is developed by the TeslaCoil Software, one of the pioneer in the industry and all-time favorite as well. It has dozens of features packed for the optimum performance makes it premium. Best part, it is available in both free and prime versions. The free version lacks some of the core customization features, but prime make the way more easier.
Nova has some peculiar features that helped stand out in the host of Android launchers. It changes the user interface (UI), homescreen, icons packages, app drawers, animation without any mess.
Nova Launcher Features;
- Custom grid to fit all your apps and widget needs.
- Easily scrollable docks.
- Infinite scroll supported.
- Fantastic scroll effect (Cube and card stack in free version)
- Distinct folder icons.
- Hide apps within the drawer.
- Easy backup/restore feature.
Watch Video about Nova: The Android launcher Of 2016!
#2. Apex (Best Launcher For Tablets)
Being an opponent to the Nova, Apex Launcher makes the Android customization even more lethargic. It would be delivered exactly same as Nova, with some cool modifications. Basically, it is available in two formats, Free and paid. If are a normal user, go with free If are a power user, I recommend to choose the pro version.
Being the homescreen replacement app, you can customize the grid size, equipped with scrollable docks. Apart from that, you’ll also get the two types of scrolling effect, infinite and elastic. Overall, everything remains professional, you can customize folders, icons, transition effects, and much more.
- Customizable grid and home screen size.
- Scrollable docks.
- Infinite and elastic scrolling.
- Folder and app icon customization.
- Great transitional effects.
- The draw was sorting and hide apps within the drawer.
- Smooth and different home screen gestures.
- Launcher settings can Backup and restored.
Apex Best Android Launcher App Material Design review!
#3. Google Now Launcher
Many things were changed in the Android, but one thing remains unchanged, it is Google now launcher. It is one of the practical smartphone companions from big G, which is the default launcher. You’ll also get the Google Now, a personal assistant for Android, that comes with Google Now.
With the tech company recognition, we can’t ignore this app. Anyhow, it is updated frequently from the developers, so there will be zero bugs. Moreover, it provides the pure Android experience which is its heart rendering feature.
Google Now: Best Launcher app for Android;
- One of the best launcher app with the huge reputation in the play store.
- Updated on the frequently to get rid of bugs.
- Google voice search is integrated for smooth surfing.
- Fast and reliable launcher for Android smartphones.
- You’ll get more traditional widgets.
Watch To Get More Insight About Google Now!
#4. Action Launcher
Action is adventurous launcher equipped with tons of features to work on. Though it is the highly customizable launcher, you’ll get some unique features which will be cornerstone feature of Action. The simple and intuitive user interface makes it ample for production, by the way, you can customize as per your needs.
However, we have noticed that this launcher needs some great rendering smartphone (a.k.a good processor + ample RAM). Apart from that, quick drawer and quickbar is something unique with this beast.
Action Launcher Features;
- Equipped with Quickdrawer and Quickbar.
- Covers and Shutters are unique in action launcher.
- Change themes instantly with a Quick theme.
- Fastest scrollable docks over other launchers.
- Infinite and elastic scrolling for smooth control.
- Easy back/restore supported.
#5. C Launcher
If you are budget android phone user, then C launcher makes your day more charming. It make use of the indigenous mobile resource for the optimum look and copious performance. It can even run in the low-end smartphone, so it would be a mid-rangers launcher.
The large and winsome icons, alluring transition effect makes it best. You can personalize icons, themes, docks, scroll types, grid size and much more.
Features of C Android Launcher;
- Personalize your home screen is easy with this app.
- Glowing themes and HD wallpapers are the main attractions.
- Booster center features are untaken.
- Nine distinct common effects.
- Tons of rehash features are included.
#6. Launcher 8
If you are fond of Windows phone, unfortunately, you can’t afford for a smartphone. Then Launcher 8 comes handy, it is one of the best Windows launchers for android. It will bring you the tiles menu that resembles the Windows OS if you were an Android user it sounds awkward. Once you started using, you’ll fit into the gap.
It changes the homescreen, icon size & style, and transition effect. It is a refreshing homescreen replacement app, if you were fed up with the long-established launchers.
Launcher 8 Features;
- Pure Windows experience without being annoy.
- Mind-Blowing transitions and home screen.
- Customizable app icons and drawer.
- Tiles on the home screen are the center of attraction.
- Other unusual features are hidden here.
- Upgrade for Pro to get most out of it.
#7. Go Launcher Ex
Go Launcher Ex is the othodox launcher that deserves the sweet spot. It supports the vast variety of features to transform your android phone into strange yet aesthetic piece. You’ll find a broad range of exclusive widgets and themes, that makes you as an ravishing fan.
You can get tons of personalizing capability, but it even has some demerits apart from its merits. The traditional advertisement makes it a setback. At some extent, you’ll see the sponsored apps or bloatware.
Features of Go launcher;
- You can quickly mutate app drawer.
- Sort apps by Type, date and frequency of use.
- Infinite scrolling for the mobile experience.
- Widgets like weather, clock and calendar are packed.
- Astonishing transition effects.
- Best performance with the minimal battery use.
#8. Buzz Launcher
If you need something wired or anything that would replace the classic homescreen theme, then Buzz Launcher would be the way-to-go solution.The spin style homescreen drawer is the core feature, we bet you going to love this.
It is innovative, unique, and something out of the box. Apart from the graphic UI it delivers, you will also be amazed at its speed and response of the launcher. After creating a buzz in the android arena, it makes a perfect sense to pick this one.
Features of Buzz Android Launcher;
- Multiple HD wallpapers screens supported.
- Easily to edit and resize the icon structure.
- Customizable folders in home screen/drawer.
- A full range of gestures is supported.
- Multiple grids with up to 12*12.
#9. Everything Me Launcher
Everything Me is another great player in the android launche industry. It unleash the power of android customization, which provides you the bumper space to personalize your smartphone. Undoubtly, it worth the installation.
Everything Me launcher provides the insane android customization without any doubt. With its advanced search option, you can be unstoppable. More features like Quick contact, Prediction bar (Awesome) more are coming out of the box.
Everything Me Launcher For Android Features;
- Sophisticated and upgraded search.
- Quick contacts enabled.
- Packed with prediction bar.
- Personalized home screen.
- Equipped with context bar for insane productivity.
- Smart folders (Apps are auto-arranged as per your interest)
- Search phone for the fastest response.
#10. Line (Former Known as Dodol)
If you were familiar with the apps like Whatsapp, you’ll knew the Line Messenger. They moved a step forward, to high-jump to launch their first android launcher. Formerly, it is known as Dodol, now it is rebranded as Line Launcher.
It is pretty good looking launcher for android which is packed with some cool features. Although is it graphically intensive, you won’t notice any sluggish experience. Well, that why it is called as the fastest android launcher till date.
Line Launcher App Features;
- This launcher comes with memory booster and battery saver options.
- Traditional line characters/stickers are assessable.
- Over 3000+ themes that are free to reach.
- Advance “Comprehensive Search”.
- High customizable Homescreen/app drawer.
#11. Smart Launcher 3
Smart launcher is one more launcher that is quite faster and unique when compared with other personalisation apps. The spin style home screen is the most familiar one, and yet it what I like with Smart launcher.
You’ll get many default widgets, themes, wallpapers with this launcher app. In this pro version, you can get the highly optimized home screen as per your choice.
Features in Smart Launcher;
- One of the best minimalistic home screen app.
- Simple yet effective way of customization.
- Switch seamlessly from portrait/landscape.
- Customize home screen with spin style option.
- Quickly change the app icon, color, and shape.
#12. Z Launcher 2016
Z launcher is the handsome launcher developed by the former Nokia (now merged with Microsoft). Being the best Android launcher Z launcher only stood up with the brand awareness of the mobile giant Nokia. But the core features of Z launcher are its gestures compatibility and silky smooth scrolling effects.
Though it has some Wow features, still it lacks the widgets that made this for ranking in #13. Although, it doesn’t matter, so go ahead and install this best launcher for android phone.
Z Launcher: The Best Launcher For Android Features;
- Alphabetical app drawer.
- Smooth and infinite scrolling.
- Complete gestures control.
- The only under-developing version is available.
- You can expect much more from feature updates
#14. Next 3D Launcher
Next Launcher 3D is a matchless app for enjoying the astonishing 3D effects in your mobile phone. This superlative launcher is evolved under the same team of Go launcher, this launcher brings many benefits with it. Among them, the 3D user experience is the worth mentioning feature that I’ve encountered in this launcher app.
If you are unique and thought of adding something different each time to your home screen, Next Launcher 3D is what you need. It is only available in the trial version, you’d to pay some amount for the full version.
Next 3D Launcher For Android Features;
- Stunning 3D effects that make it premium.
- Resize size and shape of the elements as per your choice.
- You can create folders in app drawer/home screen.
- Easily to change the available themes and icons.
- Pretty floating elements.
#15. Apus (Light-Wieght Launcher)
Apus products were always small and pretty powerful, and usually delivery what they preach. Like Apus Android web browser, even Apus launcher is small in size and help you to take control of your homscreen personalization.
Apus is a small launcher and carries some excellent features with it. Being the simple and little app, Apus doesn’t compromise on the quality. You can’t expect too much in this launcher, since it is only around 2 Mega Byte in size. Though, I would say one of the best android launcher without any ads and the best performer as well.
Options in Apus Android Launcher;
- Simple and minimal animation effects.
- Online wallpaper collections to change your smartphone look.
- Apus radar helps you out to find some cool apps that what others looking for.
- useful notification toggle bar.
- Search bar comes in.
#16. Lollipop Launcher
If you are an android Jelly bean or KitKat user, then Lollipop launcher help you to experience the android v5.0 UI. It is pretty simple and conventional launcher that is quite standard.
Even if you’d Lollipop out of the box, you can try this launcher. If you don’t yet got the official announcement for the android upgrade, meanwhile you can try the lollipop launcher for your android phone.
Features of Lollipop Launcher;
- Turn your device into Android L device.
- You can enjoy the complete user interface as in lollipop.
- Adjustable Android app drawer.
- Search anywhere by just commanding “Okay Google” from your phone.
- The Best part it is completely free!
#17. Hola Launcher
Hola is another great homescreen customization app that does the job extreamely well as android launcher. being the leading android launcher Hola take care of your smartphones transformation task.
Though it s the small android launcher still you can expect some pro features. The pro feature is suffused with hefty features and ads-free user inteface.
What Makes Hola Better Launcher?
- Equipped with 12 distinct transition effects.
- Packed with gestures capability.
- T9 dial search with pad (new feature)
- Personalize home screen.
- Hide apps within app drawer.
- Fast and reliable launcher.
#18. Lightning Launcher
The lightning launcher is another app which is pretty fast as the name itself. You can change the whole home screen with this app without any inconvenience.
You can transform your device by changing the each and every detail in your android phone. Being the best launcher for android it provides profue personalization features to tweak your smartphone for better looking. Apart from that, it even fine tunes your smartphone for maximum performance.
- Multiple themes empower this android launcher.
- Infinite scrolling (vertically)
- Easily customization options.
- Change App/folder Icon, font, and alignment.
- Free makes it ranking stable
Themer is perfect yet free best launcher for android to enjoy the fast and initiative experience in your mobile without any trouble.
Themer android home screen app has diverse colorful wallpapers, themes, and icons package to change your smartphone look which may annoy you. It automatically categorizes your apps, and transition effect as per your tone.
Themer: Best Android Launcher Features;
- Try any things entirely for free of cost.
- 320+ premium themes are available.
- Complete icon package solution.
- Customize your theme.
- Navigation and notification bar equipped.
- High-Quality wallpapers available.
- Categorises apps under the certain genre.
#20. Aviate Launcher
Aviate is another best launcher for android acquired by the Yahoo Inc. Aviate launcher is one among the user-friendly android launcher apps which adapt themselves for the user usage.
It marks the similar kind of apps under a particular category which makes you access it instantly. Aviate is the another best home screen app for android.
Features of Aviate Launcher;
- Similar to Google now expect app drawer.
- Smart screens are the impressive feature.
- The app drawer is unique with collections of apps.
- Assigning app to the category is quite accurate.
- Fast and responsive launcher.
#21. KK Launcher
KK Launcher is something similar to that of the Lollipop launcher, but with different color, icon package and transition effects. You can easily customize your complete android phone look with few click.
There are many themes out of this best launcher for android among them KitKat, Lollipop and default are familiar one. You can try free version if it is essential to feel free to upgrade you won’t lose your money.
What I love in KK Launcher;
- Customizable grid and home screens.
- KitKat, Lollipop themes are packed in (Even Marshmallow in upcoming days)
- Hide apps in the drawer without any hassle.
- Tons of free and paid themes are available.
- Gestures supported (limited for free users)
- Packed with vivid wallpapers and widgets.
Over To You,
If you were an avid android phone user, you can gothrough these android customization apps to take your slice of personalisaion. These best launchers for android 2016 help you to change the grid size, drawer, wallapapers and other things without any requirement, even root access.
Sharing is caring, isn’t it? Feel free to share with your friends and relatives.