Google Play Store is the home for millions of android applications and games. You can locate too many apps for a particular category, if you were looking to customize android home screen, you can get too many launchers to tweak the UI.
But one thing remains pathetic, introducing impressive Android launcher applications leave adverse effect in battery backup. After all, battery saving applications could help you to get out of this situation. But, what if you’d an android launcher that doesn’t drain battery and provides you the ample customization room? That isn’t too shabby. You don’t have to be a pro to customize your phone’s home screen, with some best launchers, you’ll get a root access for the customization. Suppose, if you have iPhone launchers, you can bring the iOS user interface and icon style on your Android.
We are listing some of the best android launchers for 2016, that will help you to tweak your smartphone’s UI and icons.
Let’s Dive In!
Best Launchers For Android 2016
1. Nova Launcher
Nova Launcher is developed by the TeslaCoil Software, one of the pioneer in the industry and all-time favorite as well. It has dozens of features packed for the optimum performance makes it premium. Best part, it is available in both free and prime versions. The free version lacks some of the core customization features, but prime make the way more easier.
Nova has some peculiar features that helped stand out in the host of Android launchers. It changes the user interface (UI), homescreen, icons packages, app drawers, animation without any mess.
Nova Launcher Features;
- Custom grid to fit all your apps and widget needs.
- Easily scrollable docks.
- Infinite scroll supported.
- Fantastic scroll effect (Cube and card stack in free version)
- Distinct folder icons.
- Hide apps within the drawer.
- Easy backup/restore feature.
Being an opponent to the Nova, Apex Launcher makes the Android customization even more lethargic. It would be delivered exactly same as Nova, with some cool modifications. Basically, it is available in two formats, Free and paid. If are a normal user, go with free If are a power user, I recommend to choose the pro version.
Being the homescreen replacement app, you can customize the grid size, equipped with scrollable docks. Apart from that, you’ll also get the two types of scrolling effect, infinite and elastic. Overall, everything remains professional, you can customize folders, icons, transition effects, and much more.
- Customizable grid and home screen size.
- Scrollable docks.
- Infinite and elastic scrolling.
- Folder and app icon customization.
- Great transitional effects.
- The draw was sorting and hide apps within the drawer.
- Smooth and different home screen gestures.
- Launcher settings can Backup and restored.
3. Google Now Launcher
Many things were changed in the Android, but one thing remains unchanged, it is Google now launcher. It is one of the practical smartphone companions from big G, which is the default launcher. You’ll also get the Google Now, a personal assistant for Android, that comes with Google Now.
With the tech company recognition, we can’t ignore this app. Anyhow, it is updated frequently from the developers, so there will be zero bugs. Moreover, it provides the pure Android experience which is its heart rendering feature.
Google Now: Best Launcher app for Android;
- One of the best launcher app with the huge reputation in the play store.
- Updated on the frequently to get rid of bugs.
- Google voice search is integrated for smooth surfing.
- Fast and reliable launcher for Android smartphones.
- You’ll get more traditional widgets.
4. Action Launcher
Action Launcher is adventurous launcher equipped with tons of features to work on. Though it is the highly customizable launcher, you’ll get some unique features which will be cornerstone feature of Action. The simple and intuitive user interface makes it ample for production, by the way, you can customize as per your needs.
However, we have noticed that this launcher needs some great rendering smartphone (a.k.a good processor + ample RAM). Apart from that, quick drawer and quickbar is something unique with this beast.
Action Launcher Features;
- Equipped with Quickdrawer and Quickbar.
- Covers and Shutters are unique in action launcher.
- Change themes instantly with a Quick theme.
- Fastest scrollable docks over other launchers.
- Infinite and elastic scrolling for smooth control.
- Easy back/restore supported.
5. C Launcher
If you are budget android phone user, then C launcher makes your day more charming. It make use of the indigenous mobile resource for the optimum look and copious performance. It can even run in the low-end smartphone, so it would be a mid-rangers launcher.
The large and winsome icons, alluring transition effect makes it best. You can personalize icons, themes, docks, scroll types, grid size and much more.
Features of C Android Launcher;
- Personalize your home screen is easy with this app.
- Glowing themes and HD wallpapers are the main attractions.
- Booster center features are untaken.
- Nine distinct common effects.
- Tons of rehash features are included.
6. Launcher 8
If you are fond of Windows phone, unfortunately, you can’t afford for a smartphone. Then Launcher 8 comes handy, it is one of the best Windows launchers for android. It will bring you the tiles menu that resembles the Windows OS if you were an Android user it sounds awkward. Once you started using, you’ll fit into the gap.
It changes the homescreen, icon size & style, and transition effect. It is a refreshing homescreen replacement app, if you were fed up with the long-established launchers.
Launcher 8 Features;
- Pure Windows experience without being annoy.
- Mind-Blowing transitions and home screen.
- Customizable app icons and drawer.
- Tiles on the home screen are the center of attraction.
- Other unusual features are hidden here.
- Upgrade for Pro to get most out of it.
7. Go Launcher Ex
Go Launcher Ex is the orthodox launcher that deserves the sweet spot. It supports the vast variety of features to transform your android phone into a strange yet aesthetic piece. You’ll find a broad range of exclusive widgets and themes, that makes you as a ravishing fan.
You can get tons of personalizing capability, but it even has some demerits apart from its merits. The traditional advertisement makes it a setback. At some extent, you’ll see the sponsored apps or bloatware.
Features of Go launcher;
- You can quickly mutate app drawer.
- Sort apps by Type, date and frequency of use.
- Infinite scrolling for the mobile experience.
- Widgets like weather, clock and calendar are packed.
- Astonishing transition effects.
- Best performance with the minimal battery use.
8. Buzz Launcher
If you need something wired or anything that would replace the classic homescreen theme, then Buzz Launcher would be the way-to-go solution.The spin style homescreen drawer is the core feature, we bet you going to love this.
It is innovative, unique, and something out of the box. Apart from the graphic UI it delivers, you will also be amazed at its speed and response of the launcher. After creating a buzz in the android arena, it makes a perfect sense to pick this one.
Features of Buzz Android Launcher;
- Multiple HD wallpapers screens supported.
- Easily to edit and resize the icon structure.
- Customizable folders in home screen/drawer.
- A full range of gestures is supported.
- Multiple grids with up to 12*12.
9. Everything Me Launcher
Everything Me is another great player in the android launcher industry. It unleash the power of android customization, which provides you the bumper space to personalize your smartphone. Undoubtedly, it worth the installation.
Everything Me launcher provides the insane android customization without any doubt. With its advanced search option, you can be unstoppable. More features like Quick contact, Prediction bar (Awesome) more are coming out of the box.
Everything Me Launcher For Android Features;
- Sophisticated and upgraded search.
- Quick contacts enabled.
- Packed with prediction bar.
- Personalized home screen.
- Equipped with context bar for insane productivity.
- Smart folders (Apps are auto-arranged as per your interest)
- Search phone for the fastest response.
10. Line (Formerly Dodol)
If you were familiar with the apps like Whatsapp, you’ll knew the Line Messenger. They moved a step forward, to high-jump to launch their first android launcher. Formerly, it is known as Dodol, now it is rebranded as Line Launcher.
It is pretty good looking launcher for android which is packed with some cool features. Although is it graphically intensive, you won’t notice any sluggish experience. Well, that why it is called as the fastest android launcher till date.
Line Launcher App Features;
- This launcher comes with memory booster and battery saver options.
- Traditional line characters/stickers are assessable.
- Over 3000+ themes that are free to reach.
- Advance “Comprehensive Search”.
- High customizable Homescreen/app drawer.