The huge surge in the usage of instant messaging apps like WhatsApp made traditional texting set back. If you the lack internet connectivity, old-school text messaging would be the only hope. But, to withhold this, the default text messaging app on the Android phone isn’t up to the mark, you might get bored if you started with those.
To renovate the stock text messenger, you have to go with some new messaging apps. If you have explored Google Play Store few times, you’d find the best one. If you didn’t, worry not we have you covered. On the readers’ request, we are disclosing
some of the best text messaging or SMS apps for Android in 2017 to revamp your experience with the default android stock text messaging apps. Let’s dive in
Best Text Messaging Apps For Android 2017
Currently, Chomp SMS is churning 10 million active user base that defines it’s potential. From diversified emojis to the customization of UI, everything is packed with Chomp. The compatibility with the services like Mighty Text, Pushbullet helps you to push the content to your desktop or laptop.
If you are willing to send either good morning text messages or good night, then you can schedule the messages as well. The profusion number of features involving, inbuilt app locker, scheduling text messages, backup and restore, canceling the sending messages, blacklisting contacts, digital signature, favorites and much more.
Needless to say, Chomp is the hands down the messaging application to reintegrate texting into your life.
- Over 100+ themes to customise the chat area.
- Schedule messages.
- Password protect your conversation.
- SMS Backup and Restore supported.
- Blocklist the contacts.
- Group messaging.
- Stop the spending message.
- Pin personal conversations.
- Digital Signatures.
- 1600+ android, twitter emojis to play around.
- Support PushBullet, Mighty SMS are supported.
After integrating the material design from the Android Lollipop, Textra changed the way it looked. With over 100 existing themes and skins, Textra accompanies you with every mood swings. The intelligent auto mode turns on the dark theme automatically based on the internet time or the phone’s time.
Being a small app (roughly three MB), you’ll get full-fledged features like changeable app icon, dark & light mode, bubble style options to modify the UI. Apart from customization, you can delay the sending SMS, slide the chat area to get the camera, send multiple photos through MMS, SMS backup and restore, blacklisting contacts, SMS bomber and compression are notable features.
Textra is the home for over 1600+ emojis, and did I said it is compatible with PushBullet, MightySMS, and other desktop services?
- Small, efficient and effective app.
- Tons of themes to customize chat area.
- Delay the sending SMS.
- Supports SMS/MMS.
- Quick reply in Pop-up chat.
- Blocks spam messages.
- Mute individual/group conversation.
- Compatible with Android wear and PushBullet.
- Auto-save videos and images.
3. Handcent Next
Since its raise in 2010, Handcent Next serving the market with the efficient options. With the number of options, you’ll get awesome, but the capable of syncing your contacts with the cloud is something I found useful more often.
Handcent Anywhere features help you to send a message from computer or tablet remotely without any physical contact with a smartphone. With this app, you’ll get an edge over privacy with Privacy Box. It is a personal space for your personal messages, which can be unlocked with the specified passcode.
- Use custom themes, skins, and fonts to your chat area.
- Send bulk SMS.
- Password protect your conversation (Private Box)
- Backup and restore your SMS quickly.
- Handcent Anywhere – Send Messages from Any browser.
- Schedule your text message and broadcast it at the correct time.
- Group texting makes this app beast.
- Multiple languages supported.
- Packed with beautiful emoji.
- Handcent Talk – make free calls for your buddies over the internet.
- Facebook Sign in to see your FB contacts.
- Send and receive vCards.
4. Go SMS Pro
The mesmerizing design and hefty options to play around makes the GO SMS Pro a great app in the industry. Go Dev Team develops it, know for their remarkable contribution to the Play Store like keyboards and launchers applications. It is a freeware app with ads and some excellent options locked; you can upgrade to the pro version for limitless benefits.
Since the Go SMS Pro 7 is near the launch, they completely redesigned the app from initial to the final points. Along with the design, you’ll also get the private box, sticky conversation, pop-up, Go chat, delay to send, avatar pop-up and other features. Further, Go SMS Pro compatible dual SIM Android smartphones. The number is whopping 6000+ headsets from the reputed brand. Still, they keep fine tuning for amplified reach.
- Straightforward and efficient customization with themes and skins.
- Private Box- For private messaging and to encrypt them.
- Free online text messaging with Go chat.
- You can stick your conversation.
- Scheduling SMS/MMS.
- Quick reply via pop-ups.
- Block unwanted numbers if you have dual sim phone.
- Delayed messaging sending enabled.
- Backup and restore messages to the cloud.
5. Hello SMS
With the simple and intuitive UI, Hello SMS wins everyone’s heart with tabbed style messaging. You can import all your Facebook, Gmail or any other instant messengers conversation to the offline. After all; it must match the name in your contacts.
Sending MMS won’t be a problem with Hello SMS; you can quickly grab any connection to pass them the multimedia files. Either you can capture the picture using the camera or select from the gallery itself. The notification is entirely customizable; you can mark as read/unread and reply to the message from the notification bar.
- SMS Scheduling.
- Group Chat supported.
- Beautiful customization.
- Tabbed style navigation is the appealing feature.
- SMS backup and restore.
- It will be the best texting app for the Android tablets.
6. My SMS
The cross-platform friendly android messaging app with lavish room for the exploration, My SMS is still a game changer. You send text messages from Windows or Mac machines to your Android phones, and you can see even from there itself. It makes you productive if you are a full-time computer worker.
You can attend and record your phone calls from your desktop or Laptop without any glitch. You can export SMS to your phone, schedule text messages.., etc. But you can’t expect too much in the customization, but, overall from the performance standpoint, it is a decent test messenger.
- Sync all the messages and logs.
- SMS Backup and Restore supported.
- Compatible with any platform.
- SMS scheduling is built in with My SMS.
- Send the message from anywhere with your phone number.
- You can export SMS.
- Multi-Media Service (MMS) capable.
- Connect with cloud services like Dropbox, Evernote and Google Drive.
- Advanced features need Premium Membership.
7. QK SMS
QK SMS is cute and best text messaging app that is powerful enough to handle your daily messaging chores. With its fluid interface, stunning design and vivid color QK SMS going to attract everyone who installs.
Both free and premium versions are available, and you need to pay 1.99$ to unlock the premium access to get the dozens of themes and advanced features. If you were looking for the open source code text messaging app, then QK SMS would be the way to go.
- Ad-free app environment makes calm while texting.
- A wide range of themes with night mode.
- Automatic switching from day to night mode.
- Quick pop and reply when you receive any message.
- Group messaging supported.
- Material Design makes it pretty looking.
- Text message scheduling.
- Backup and restore were supported.
8. Evolve SMS
The clutter-free UI and plenty of features make Evolve SMS stand out in the Google Play Store. Some of the notable features like lock screen widgets, deleting SMS conversation in bulk, scheduling the SMS, etc. and much more. After observing design Evolve SMS is sometimes resemble the Google+.
Full fledged multimedia supports you to send/receive images, videos, or Gifs flawlessly. You can even reply to your chats from the notification bar, with the adequate room you can even automate your messaging.
- The best part is entirely free.
- 850+ emoji’s included with Evolve SMS.
- Lock screen widgets make it easier to access.
- Password protect your personal conversation from the public.
- Android wear supported.
- Swipe to navigate within the app.
- Unlockable theme along with unruffled UI.
- SMS Scheduling supported.
- Facebook integration.
9. Sliding SMS
Sliding SMS is a modified version of Google Hangout-style messaging. Due to some of the internal issues, this app would be discontinued after certain updates, apart from that the features wise, it is not a filthy app for ignoring.
You could able to reply to the SMS from the notification and pop-up itself, mark read or unread from the notification bar, change the icon in the notification bar and lots of other customization options are available. If you need to modify the way you receive text messages, you could go with Sliding SMS.
10. Wivi SMS
Wivi SMS is another old yet reliable messaging apps for Android smartphone users. Apart from the texting conversation, you could able to send or receive images, YouTube videos over the standard text or data as well. If you explored the amassing features of Wivi SMS, you’d be stunned for a quite a long while.
You could stream movies or YouTube videos right away from your conversation area. Being powerful yet free messaging app, you could so many things within your fingertips.
11. Secure Text
Do you need to hide your texting identity and maintain the real privacy? Then don’t worry here is the best private messaging app for an Android smartphone. You can easily password protect your text messages and secure your SMS conversations.
Since it is a dedicated privacy messenger; your personal files won’t be leaked. It is something similar to the Ghostery Android web browser, which maintains your freedom everywhere you visit.
12. Now SMS
Google Now integrated messenger for enhanced messaging experience.
You’ll get the free trial for 14 days, after which you’ll see the ads. But, it provides all the features of the stock Android messaging app.
14. Hover Chat
Multiple floating windows, drag & drop, collapse mode, encrypted messages and even emoji supports make it as a beast texting app.
15. Mighty Text
Sync your Android phone with the computer to send or receive your text messages from your desktop.
The default messenger with all the features, but it needs the alternative at some extent.
Concluding Best SMS Apps For Android,
If the internet goes down, old-school messaging would be the hands-down choice. So better to revamp your text messaging experience with these best SMS apps for Android, that could change the way you text. These text messaging apps let you backup, encrypt the messages, blacklist the contacts and do lots of other things as well.
Sharing is caring, isn’t it? If this article helped you show your support by sharing with your friends.