The slow internet connectivity is no more; one can enjoy the high-speed connectivity. If you are in the coverage of 4th generation or 4G comes handy as a connectivity option. Since it is the new technology, many of the folks stuck while understanding this networks. If you are one among the understanding 4G and 4G LTE, cripple your brain. We’ll let you get a doctorate in it
In this article, we’ll get you understand the difference between 4G and 4G LTE technologies with actionable examples. Lets’ dive in the right way!
Difference Between 4G and 4G LTE Technologies?
What is 4G?
4G stands for “Fourth Generation” which is the successor of the 3G (Third Generation).
It is the sophisticated mode of the internet connectivity. 4G was coined and executed in March 2008, which later spread like a forest fire throughout the world with its astonishing internet speed. 4G is faster, future-proof and more reliable than 3G network; you can expect higher download rate in 4G connection. The speed is more than enough, with the great coverage you can enjoy the 4G internet speed up to 100 Mbps. Normally, you’ll get around 40 Mbps speed at most of the time unless it isn’t a peak hour.
To get an idea, with 4G connections you can,
- Download movies in 3 minutes*
- No buffering in YouTube videos
- Constant internet speed without any fluctuations**
- Speak to friends seamlessly with Skype or Facetime.
* Depends on the length and quality of the movies, if it was a 720p movie then you can expect to download in less than 3 minutes.
** No issues in 1440p and 1080p resolutions, 4K requires buffering.
Now that’s all about 4G network, let’s dive into the 4G LTE for a while.
What is 4G LTE?
4G LTE stands for ” Fourth Generation Long Term Evolution.”
LTE is the upgraded version of 4G for the mobiles and data terminals, and you’ll get more stable and the internet of high-capacity than real 4G. Do you know, LTE is the purest form of the 4G, you may come across more benefits and features when compared to it. With LTE Standard, you’ll get up to 100 MHz frequency and over 1 Gbps of data transmission speed. Due to some of the barriers, you’ll be allowed to enjoy the 10 MHz with 150 Mbps speed transmission rate.
Further LTE is split into LTE-advanced and WiMAX-Advanced, to get things clear they even term this subdivision as “Ture 4G“. These network types are mainly differentiated by the band frequencies, time of evolution and some technical aspects.
What is The Difference Between 4G and 4G LTE Versions?
4G LTE is the daughter of 4G with some advanced technology backed. Which is the future technology, for which you should upgrade now.
3G have three versions under the parent technology 3G (Third Generation) like,
- Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS)
- High-Speed Packed Access (HSPA)
- High Speed Packed Access Plus (HSPA+)
Even more types of 3G networks are available, but most of them are slightly different and complex to undestand.
All these versions are belong to the same 3G technology, but the band frequency, speed and reliability changes accordingly.
Let’s come back to the 4G, like the versions mentioned 4G LTE is also an upgraded version of the 4G with the great rate of data transmission.
Yes, now it is the time to starts the debate with topic 4G vs. 4G LTE, we have pinpointed the difference between 4G and LTE over here go through that to get an idea.
- All I can say that 4G is not entirely different from the LTE, though it is by the same parent technology. LTE is the advanced version whereas standard 4G is bit old. But when it comes to speed and reliability LTE stands out.
- Though all the LTE devices are compatible with 4G, and vice versa in not possible in old appliances. (Tip – Buy the best 4G LTE smartphones, so that you don’t need to break your bank for next at least 2 years. Either you can get the 4G WiFi Hotspot, to get 4G on every device. Which is the smart idea you can implement right now)
- LTE download will be dramatically higher and almost constant than standard 4G. This is one of the significant difference between 4G and LTE that is common.
Hope you got the difference between 4G and 4G LTE If you’re from India don’t forget to take the AirTel 4G LTE challenge 🙂
It is the essential to know the difference between 4G and LTE, which are similar and from the both parent technology. We have made the clear-cut actionable tutorial to get the difference with the 4G versions. Read complete to understand each and everything carefully.
If you didn’t get what we explained, then feel free to comment your queries, we will get back to your quickly.
Sharing is caring, isn’t it? Feel free to share with your friends and relatives.