Customization is something that makes Android a great place to hang around, you can quickly install any of the best Android launchers & change the way smartphone look in no time. Also, there are tons of icon packs, skins & themes to spice up the things, you can also try custom ROMs.
All these things result in the personized smartphone in a matter of time. Well, to reach that level in need to have the best launcher apps for Android, to begin with. Also, a keynote is that some of the fancier launcher & its add-ons could be a battery hog, not all the launchers are developed equal keep an eye. Let’s go over some of the fastest & best launcher apps for Android 2019, without any further ado let dive in, shall we?
- Best Android Launchers 2019
- 1. Nova Launcher
- 2. Apex Launcher
- 3. Google Now (Discontinued)
- 4. Action Launcher
- 5. C Launcher
- 6. Launcher 8
- 7. Go Launcher Ex
- 8. Buzz Launcher
- 9. Line (Formerly Dodol)
- 10. Smart Launcher 3
- 11. Apus
- 12. Lollipop Launcher
- 13. Hola
- 14. Lightning Launcher
- 15. Z Launcher (Discontinued)
- 16. Everything Me (Discontinued)
- 17. Themer (Discontinued)
- 18. Aviate (Discontinued)
- 19. KK Launcher (Discontinued)
- 20. Next 3D Launcher (Discontinued)
- 21. Windows 7 Launcher
Best Android Launchers 2019
1. Nova Launcher
Nova Launcher was developed by TeslaCoil Software, one of the pioneers to design a full-fledged customizable default home screen replacement app. The free version lacks some of the advanced customization features like notification badge, but it is more than enough for average users. The best part, there are tons of nova launcher themes & icon packs out there in the play store, it is just a matter of time to figure out which one is best for you.
Nova stands out in the host of Android launchers with its minimalistic yet easy to use user interface, home screen, icons packages, launcher settings, theme animations & others. Further, it has more room to handle any widgets including full-sized android clock widgets or any other sort of weather widgets apps as well. It also has some tips & tricks up its sleeves, if you knew it you sky is the limit.
If you are a developer or a techie person who likes to test the upcoming features, you can join the beta program. Just head over to this app testing page to reserve your spot. Remember, beta apps might be buggy and the performance might not be stable. A feature rundown be like,
- Custom grid options.
- Easily scrollable docks.
- Infinite scroll.
- Fantastic scroll effect.
- Distinct folder icons.
- Hide apps in the drawer.
- Easy backup/restore feature.
2. Apex Launcher
Having a strong rivalry and few traits that of Nova, Apex Launcher takes it to the whole new level. It delivers exactly same as Nova, with slight tweaks here and there. It is available in both free and paid versions. We you recommend going with free version, if you need that granular control get Nova prime instead as it has way more features to make it worth.
It is compatible with a whole bunch of icon packs and themes, and I found it very much like google pixel launcher, correct me if i’m wrong. It is very much like pixel on launcher on steroids rather than Apex.
You can customise the grid size, scrollable docks. Apart from that, you’ll also get the two types of scroll effect, infinite and elastic scrolling. Overall, everything remains professional; you can customize folders, icons, transition effects and others. To summing-up Apex,
- Customisable grid and home screen size.
- Scrollable docks.
- Infinite and elastic scrolling.
- Folder and app icon customization.
- Great transitional effects.
- Sortable app drawer.
- Smooth homescreen gestures.
- Backup and restore.
3. Google Now (Discontinued)
Edit: Google Now is discontinued from the Play Store, we have already covered some of the alternatives to Google Now, make sure you check it out. It is replaced with Pixel launcher.
Many things were changed in the Android, but one thing remains unchanged, it is Google now launcher. It is one of the practical smartphone companions from big G, which is the default launcher. You’ll also get the Google Now, Android personal assistants, that comes with this stock – android launcher. Moreover, it provides the pure Android experience which is its heart rendering feature.
- One of the best launcher app with the tremendous reputation in the play store.
- Updated on the frequency to get rid of bugs.
- Google voice search is integrated for smooth surfing.
- Fast and reliable launcher for Android smartphones.
- You’ll get more traditional widgets.
4. Action Launcher
Action Launcher is adventurous launcher equipped with tons of features to work on. Though it is the highly customizable launcher, you’ll get some unique features which will be cornerstone feature of Action. The simple and intuitive user interface makes it ample for production, by the way, you can customize as per your needs.
However, we have noticed that this launcher needs some great rendering smartphone (aka good processor + ample RAM). Apart from that, quick drawer and quick bar is something unique with this beast.
- Quickdrawer and Quickbar.
- Covers and Shutters.
- Change themes instantly with a Quick theme.
- Fastest scrollable docks over other launchers.
- Infinite and elastic scrolling for smooth control.
- Easy back/restore supported.
5. C Launcher
If you are budget Android phone user, then C launcher makes your day more charming. It makes use of the indigenous mobile resource for the optimum look and copious performance. It can even run in the low-end smartphone so that it would be a mid-rangers launcher. The large and winsome icons, alluring transition effect, makes it best. You can personalise icons, themes, docks, scroll types, grid size and much more.
- Personalize your home screen is easy with this app.
- Glowing themes and HD wallpapers are the main attractions.
- Booster center features are untaken.
- Nine distinct characteristic effects.
- Tons of rehash features are included.
6. Launcher 8
If you are fond of Windows phone, unfortunately, you can’t afford for a smartphone. Then Launcher 8 comes handy; it is one of the Windows launchers. It will bring you the tiles menu that resembles the Windows OS if you were an Android user it sounds awkward. Once you started using, you’ll fit into the gap.
It changes the homescreen, icon size & style, and transition effect. It would be a refreshing homescreen replacement app if you were fed up with the long-established launchers. If you are confused then check out our comparison between Android vs Windows post to get more insight.
- Pure Windows experience without being annoy.
- Mind-Blowing transitions and home screen.
- Customizable app icons and drawer.
- Tiles on the home screen are the center of attraction.
- Other unusual features are hidden here.
- Upgrade for Pro to get most out of it.
7. Go Launcher Ex
Go Launcher Ex is the standard launcher that deserves the sweet spot. It supports the vast variety of features to transform your Android phone into a strange yet aesthetic piece. You’ll find a broad range of exclusive widgets and themes; that makes you as a ravishing fan. You can get tons of personalizing capability, but it even has some demerits apart from its merits.
The traditional advertisement makes it a setback. To some extent, you’ll see the sponsored apps or bloatware. Do check some of the Go launcher themes to ramp up the process of customising your smartphone.
- You can quickly mutate app drawer.
- Sort apps by Type, date, and frequency of use.
- Infinite scrolling for the mobile experience.
- Widgets like weather, clock, and calendar widgets are packed.
- Astonishing transition effects.
- Best performance with the minimal battery use.
8. Buzz Launcher
If you need something wired or anything that would replace the classic homescreen theme, then Buzz Launcher would be the way-to-go solution.The spin style homescreen drawer is the core feature; we bet you are going to love this.
It is innovative, unique, and something out of the box. Apart from the graphic UI it delivers, you will also be amazed at its speed and response of the launcher. After creating a buzz in the Android arena, it makes perfect sense to pick this one.
- Multiple HD wallpapers screens supported.
- Easily to edit and resize the icon structure.
- Customizable folders in home screen/drawer.
- A full range of gestures is supported.
- Multiple grids with up to 12*12.
9. Line (Formerly Dodol)
If you were familiar with the apps like Whatsapp, you’ll know the Line Messenger. They moved a step forward, to high-jump to launch their first Android launcher. Formerly, it is known as Dodol; now it is rebranded as Line Launcher. It is not bad looking launcher for Android which is packed with some cool features. Although is it graphically intensive, you won’t notice any sluggish experience. Well, that why it is called as the fastest Android Launcher till date.
- This launcher comes with memory booster and battery saver options.
- Traditional line characters/stickers are assessable.
- Over 3000+ themes that are free to reach.
- Advance “Comprehensive Search”.
- High customizable Homescreen/app drawer.
10. Smart Launcher 3
Smart Launcher is one more launcher that is quite faster and unique when compared with other personalization apps. The spin style home screen is the most familiar one, and yet it what I like with Smart Launcher. You’ll get many default widgets, themes, wallpapers with this launcher app. In this pro version, you can get the highly optimized home screen as per your choice.
- One of the best minimalistic home screen app.
- The simple yet effective way of customization.
- Switch seamlessly from portrait/landscape.
- Customize home screen with spin style option.
- Quickly change the app icon, color, and shape.
Apus products were always small and pretty powerful, and usually, delivery what they preach. Like Apus Android web browsers, even Apus launcher is small in size and help you to take control of your home screen personalization.
Apus is a small launcherand carries some excellent features with it. Being the straightforward and little app, Apus doesn’t compromise on the quality. You can’t expect too much in this launcher since it is only around 2 Mega Byte in size. Though, I would say one of the best Android launchers without any ads and the best performer as well.
- Straightforward and minimal animation effects.
- Online wallpaper collections to change your smartphone look.
- Apus radar helps you out to find some cool apps that what others are looking for.
- Useful notification toggle bar.
- Search bar comes in.
12. Lollipop Launcher
Update: It is outdated & not getting updates regularly, we don’t suggest you downloading it. Unless you know, what you are into!
If you are an Android Jellybean or KitKat user, then Lollipop launcher help you to experience the Android v5.0 UI. It is pretty simple and conventional launcher that is quite standard. Even if you’d Lollipop out of the box, you could try this launcher. If you don’t yet get the official announcement for the Android upgrade, meanwhile you can try the lollipop launcher for your Android phone.
- Turn your device into Android L device.
- You can enjoy the complete user interface as in lollipop.
- Adjustable Android app drawer.
- Search anywhere by just commanding “Okay Google” from your phone.
- The Best part it is completely free!
Hola is another great homescreen customization app that does the job extremely well as an Android launcher. Being the leading Android launcher Hola takes care of your smartphones transformation task. Though it is the small android launcher still, you can expect some pro features. The pro feature is suffused with sharp features and ads-free user interface.
- Equipped with 12 distinct transition effects.
- Packed with gestures capability.
- T9 dial search with pad (new feature)
- Personalized home screen.
- Hide apps in app drawer.
- Fast and reliable launcher.
14. Lightning Launcher
The lightning launcher is another app which is pretty fast as the name itself. You can change the whole home screen with this app without any inconvenience. You can transform your device by changing the each and every detail on your android phone. Being the best launcher for Android, it provides profile personalization features to tweak your smartphone for better looking. Apart from that, it even fine tunes your smartphone for maximum performance.
- Multiple themes empower this android launcher.
- Infinite scrolling (vertically)
- Quickly customization options.
- Change App/folder Icon, font, and alignment.
- Free makes it ranking stable
Z Launcher (Discontinued)
Z launcher is the handsome launcher developed by the former Nokia (now merged with Microsoft). Being the best Android launcher Z launcher only stood up with the brand awareness of the mobile giant Nokia. But the core features of Z launcher are its gestures compatibility and silky smooth scrolling effects.
Though it has some Wow features, still it lacks the widgets that made this for ranking in #13. Although, it doesn’t matter, so go ahead and install this best launcher for android phone.
- Alphabetical app drawer.
- Smooth and infinite scrolling.
- Complete gestures control.
- The only under-developing version is available.
- You can expect much more from feature updates
Everything Me (Discontinued)
Everything Me is another great player in the Android launcher industry. It unleashes the power of Android customization, which provides you the bumper space to personalize your smartphone.
Undoubtedly, it worth the installation. Everything Me launcher provides the insane android customization without any doubt. With its advanced search option, you can be unstoppable. More features like Quick contact, Prediction bar (Awesome) more are coming out of the box.
- Sophisticated and upgraded search.
- Quick contacts enabled.
- Packed with prediction bar.
- Personalized home screen.
- Equipped with context bar for insane productivity.
- Smart folders (Apps are auto-arranged as per your interest)
- Search phone for the fastest response.
Themer is a fast launcher for Android to enjoy the fast and initiative experience in your mobile without any trouble. Themer Android home screen app has different, colorful wallpapers, themes, and icons package to change your smartphone look which may annoy you. It automatically categorizes your apps and transition effect as per your tone.
- Try any things entirely for free of cost.
- 320+ premium themes are available.
- Complete icon package solution.
- Customize your theme.
- Navigation and notification bar equipped.
- High-Quality wallpapers available.
- Categorises apps under the certain genre.
Aviate is another best launcher for android acquired by the Yahoo Inc. Aviate launcher is one of the user-friendly Android launcher apps which adapt themselves to the user usage. It marks the similar kind of apps under a particular category which makes you access it instantly.
- Similar to Google now expect app drawer.
- Smart screens are the impressive feature.
- The app drawer is unique with collections of apps.
- Assigning app to the category is entirely accurate.
- Fast and responsive launcher.
KK Launcher (Discontinued)
KK Launcher is something similar to that of the Lollipop launcher, but with a different color, icon package and transition effects. You can easily customize your complete android phone look with few click. There are many themes out of this best launcher for android among them KitKat, Lollipop and default are a familiar one. You can try free version if it is essential to do n’t hesitate to upgrade you won’t lose your money.
- Customizable grid and home screens.
- KitKat, Lollipop themes are packed within this best android launcher.
- Hide apps in the drawer without any hassle.
- Tons of free and paid themes are available.
- Gestures supported (limited for free users)
- Packed with vivid wallpapers and widgets.
Next 3D Launcher (Discontinued)
Next Launcher 3D is an excellent app for enjoying the astonishing 3D effects on your mobile phone. This superlative launcher is evolved under the same team of Go Launcher; this launcher brings many benefits with it. Among them, the 3D user experience is the worth mentioning the feature that I’ve encountered in this launcher app.
If you are unique and thought of adding something different each time to your home screen, Next Launcher 3D is what you need. It is only available in the trial version; you’d to pay some amount for the full version.
- Stunning 3D effects that make it premium.
- Resize size and shape of the elements as per your choice.
- You can create folders in app drawer/home screen.
- Easily to change the available themes and icons.
- Lovely floating elements.
21. Windows 7 Launcher
If you are a desktop user, you might have used Windows at most of the times. What if you have got some equivalent launchers that resonate with Window 7 on your Android? doesn’t that cool? Yeah, it is. Unfortunately, Windows 7 Launcher is not available in the Play Store, but we have apk file for you 😉 Just download the app & install in your smartphone, set as default launcher you are good to go.
If you were an avid Android phone user, you could go through these Android customization apps to take your slice of personalization. These fastest free & best launchers for Android 2019 help you to change the grid size, drawer, wallpapers and other things without any requirement, even root access.
Sharing is caring, isn’t it? Feel free to share with your friends and relatives. Keep visiting Android Crush for more such posts!