Rooting Android might sound like an outrageous task & a no-go for most of us, once you get to know what you are doing then you’ll end up deciding. As some of the coolest apps require root access to work smoothly if you made up your mind to root android you are welcome!
When it comes it rooting Android, you will remember connecting to your desktop, downloading drivers blah blah! well, that’s not the case anymore (at least for most of the phones), you can now to root any android phone without PC. That’s is possible with some third party one click root apps, which gets you instant root access. Let’s get started with the basics about some definitive guide to root android without computer PC connections to get root access. Let’s dive in!
How To Root Android Without Computer PC?
Rooting Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to break the barrier between the consumer & core system files. Technically, rooting voids warranty, but you could unroot your phone & restore to factory settings any time if you know what you are doing. Hope you got some insight about rooting & its background, let’s drill down to the apps that will help you to root your Android device in the matter of clicks.
Framaroot is one of the best one click rooting app out there to get your device rooted in most of the times. Being the product of XDA developers, Framaroot is compatible enough to root some hefty collection of smartphones, by the way, you could check it out here. It comes with many exploits, to give a shot if one doesn’t work you can make your way around other.
You have three option when you open the app, install super, unroot or Execute scripts. For the most part, the first & second option is used, if you are an advanced user who likes to execute a custom shell script while rooting you can do so, follow this post to do one. The only con being the number of devices it is compatible with, it is not huge. If you are device is supported then go ahead, or else move on to other. Follow the below guides to root using the framaroot application,
- To begin with, get framaroot apk from the downloading link below.
- To do so, go to Settings >> Security >> enable / tick “Unknown sources” to sideload the app.
- Once you downloaded, open the apk file.
- Tap next then install, and open the app.
- Click install superuser and select any exploit.
- A pop-up will appear, upon successful rooting.
2. Universal Androot
Universal Androot is another great app that will assist you to root without a computer/laptop. Like Framaroot, even it is quite aged so most of the latest smartphones might not work as expected with this app. Although, it had got few updates over the time, still it has it’s limitation for which device it could root. You have to choose the OS version, then tap the Go root button. Unlike other one-click rooting apps, it has got a Soft root option which is a temporary rooting solution which gets unrooted automatically after the reboot.
Even Universal Androot isn’t perfect, it has bugs the updates are not consistent. But for the most part, it works decent enough. Download the latest version below & give it a shot, if you couldn’t root your device, leave a move on to next rooting app. Follow the guide below to get started with universal androot,
- First Off, download Universal Androot from the link below.
- Install universal android root on your smartphone.
- Open that app and select your OS version.
- And tap the root option.
- You’ll get a pop-up about success in rooting.
3. Baidu Root
Baidu root is one of the Chinese based Android rooting application that supports the decent amount of Android smartphones. It is compatible with Android Eclairs (2.2) to Android Jellybean (4.4) covering over 6500+ mobile phones. One thing sets other apps apart from Baidu root it’s intelligent cleaning engine, it clears all the pre-installed bloatware, memory junks, and other stuff. It also claims that it also monitors permissions and terminates the apps with malicious behavior. We didn’t have any solid reason to back it up, let it be if you find enjoy!
If you could make use of the Baiduroot app on your device if you didn’t have desktop access. But we recommend you to go with the desktop-based client, the reason being they support more smartphones. If you didn’t have computer access, and you need to root your device then go with the app if worked, then it’s party part, if didn’t move on.
- First, download Baiduroot by clicking here or below.
- Install the downloaded app on your phone.
- Open and click on Root button.
- Once it completes 100%, restart your device.
Towelroot by GeoHot is another great way to get your devices rooted without using any sort of desktops. It was developed by the GeoHot community to main concentrate on flagship and mid ranger smartphones, but later updates covered many smartphones. Download the latest version of towelroot which is v5, it is stable and covers latest smartphones as well. The recent updates also brings the unrooting option (aka soft root) to the table, through which you could temporarily root your Android phone.
Towelroot is most compatible with Samsung devices, don’t get me wrong it supports other brands as well but Samsung mobiles are the main priorities. You could root devices like Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy S4 active, Galaxy S5 (AT&T & version), Galaxy Note, and other Galaxy devices.
- Download towel root application from the link below.
- Install the apk file by allowing the third party installation in the settings.
- Open the towel root app and click make it ra1n.
- Your device will reboot.
- Then you’ll see superuser app in your app drawer.
iRoot is another great name in the industry, and you can’t ignore this app when it comes to rooting android. They are called in a bunch of names like iRoot, vRoot or Root I & others. As the brand changed the same, it raised the confusion. iRoot is a hassle-free Android app that supports various Android mobile model irrespective of brand. To root using vRoot,
- First, you need to download iRoot APK.
- Then secondly, install the iRoot app on your Android phone.
- Open the app that you have installed and root your android phone.
Z4 root is another great android app that you help you to root Android no PC. Z4 Root supports a broad range of Android smartphones to root droid without PC. With, the help of Z4 root I’m damn sure you can root without PC.
Root Your Android Phone with Z4 Root;
- First off, Download Z4 Root for your Android device.
- Install Z4 root in your android phone to root without PC connection.
- Click on the root button, you could root your Android within few seconds.
7. CF Auto Root
CF-Root is another great one click root application for the android phone that comes handy. If you are default Samsung smartphone user, you might not able to root your android phone with any other options available here. So you can’t root your mobile, so here is where CR root comes handy. They have many smartphones model supported and added latest models with each update.
Moreover, the user interface is easy and isn’t clumpy you’ll enjoy rooting your device. Since they were specially made to root Samsung mobiles you might get the latest model supports as well.
- Head over here downloads CF Auto Root as per your model.
- Install in your android mobile.
- Open and click on “root my phone”.
Once your device is recognized it will be rooted shortly. If everything works fine, restart your smartphone and look for Superuser in your menu or app drawer. If you found, your have rooted your device. If you are in the dilemma whether your phone is rooted or not, you can quickly resolve this problem with this solution. Just you need to install the root checker android app and test your device whether it has root access or not.
- First, download root checker for your device.
- Then install root checker android app.
- Once the app has installed, click on verify button. It detects whether your phone has root access or not.
Disclaimer: These methods to root android without computer PC connections are tried & worked for us, your mileage may vary. Android Crush is nowhere responsible if you bricked your smartphone, try at your own risk
Hope you get to know some one click rooting apps, let’s dive into the benefits & drawbacks of rooting your Android device.
Benefits of Rooting,
- You’ll get complete control over your device, you could simply go through the collection of root apps, to get what you need. There are tons of apps that could hack Android games, remove ads from the apps and many other things. Apps like Titanium Backup (Root) could backup contacts, images, apps data too & replicate to new devices. Though there are few backup apps out there, Titanium Backup is great for backing up the apps data. These apps work only on rooted Android phones, it’s just matter of finding & installing them.
- The tendency to install various custom ROMs that revamp the smartphone’s look and user-interface to a whole new level. It might also improve the overall performance if you picked the right one. Anyhow, the era of custom ROMs is sort of fainted away as you could literally customize every aspect of your phone using third party launchers and other customizing apps.
Demerits Of Rooting
- Rooting is helpful, but if you commit any mistake you’ll be left with a bricked android phone (!) Yes. No matter how expert you are, it might land you on some serious problems.
- If you root your phone, you don’t get the benefits from your smartphone’s warranty. To be more precise, it’s against the warranty!
- There are few apps which may not work on rooted phones, only a few.
If you are looking for the working methods to root android without using computer PCs, then most probably your quest might have ended now. After all, we can’t guarantee for you, since it depends on the software version and other things.
Hope you found this android rooting tutorial helpful, if yes share this with your friends and relative it helps us going. And Drop your views in the comment section below.