One plus is one the best developing company which was a start-up by 2013. They make amazing products which each one is indeed a flagship killer. The specialty of this manufacturer is that they give a device with such a high notched hardware which could go head to head with other flagship devices which would cost three times of its rate and still make a decent competitor.
One Plus company has always been encouraging their customer to root as they had released a video of how to root One Plus 2, and it is much better the company One Plus products at its best, as the warranty will not get void if the user root their device even if the damaged caused due to the overclocking the device. That’s impressive.
Here we come to a point where we could root both the devices. First of all, let see the rooting OnePlus 2, OnePlus 3 and latest OnePlus 3T using the PC, which is the most legitimate way for rooting. Bit tedious but worth the time. We are going to make it easy by giving it in step by step methods. We also shared a detailed method to Root Android without computer PC, make sure you check that out. Let’s dive in!
How To Root OnePlus 2, 3 And 3T
This is the working and tested method to root OnePlus 2 or 3 for sure. Follow this step by step guide to get started.
Things the user must know before we begin:
- This Process will format the device.
- In this process, we would be using the Windows but it can also be done with Mac (in terminal use all the commands with ./ in front of the command).
Setting Up ADB and OnePlus Drivers
First of all, we have to setup ADB by which the computer can communicate with the device by their commands.
- Download the ADB fast boot installer for Windows from here.
- After this step restart the PC and ensure that the drivers are installed correctly.
- Select ‘y’ for all the question which pops up as it guides the user.
- Now right click on the downloaded Exe file in the Windows and select Run as administrator.
- Switch on USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Now get back to setting to find Developer Options.
- For this process, the user has to switch to the developer mode by tapping on the Built number for about seven times which could be seen in Setting> About phone on their device.
- Connect the device through USB and wait for it to install the drivers.
- Now get to C drive then to adb from Windows.
- Hold shift in the keyboard and right-click on an space then select open Command Prompt.
- Type “ADB devices” command into the command prompt that shows.
- If the user has a new Android Phone, a popup will ask for permission to allow e RSA key. Select enable and accept it.
- If the serial number of the device is seen now after the previous step, which means the user is all set for the process.
If not, then the user has to reinstall all the drivers manually by following the troubleshooting steps below:
Troubleshooting in Setting Up ADB
- Search Device Manager and open it.
- If the installation does not take place properly, the user will find an exclamation mark on an item.
- Right- Click on that item and select Update Driver Software.
- Select “Browse My Computer.”
- Then select “Let me Pick from a List.”
- Choose Android Devices > Android ADB Devices.
Now, unplug and plug the device again and run the ADB device commands to see if the user could get the serial number this time.
Unlock the Bootloader
To root the One Plus devices, the user has to first unlock the Bootloader. As the ADB and the OnePlus drives had been installed now, the computer can communicate with the device to do the required unlocking. In this case, we would be using the fast boot command.
- Get to C:/adb folder ( or the folder where the ADB folder is available), hold Shift key on the keyboard and right-click on a space on the screen so that the user could select Open Command Window here.
- Type the following command in the command window which appears and then hit enter.
ADB Reboot Bootloader
- Then enter the following command after the reboot command in the previous step.
Fastboot OEM unlock
- Using the volume key to navigate and power button to select Yes on the device. This move would erase the data in the instrument which opens the Bootloader and restarts it.
- After the device gets rebooted get to Settings > About > tap on the built number until it says you are a Developer.
Now get to the Developer Options in the Settings and re-enable the USB debugging and plug the device into the computer if it is removed.
Rooting OnePlus & Flashing Custom Recovery
As the Bootloader is unlocked now, the user can flash custom recovery as they could have a root access.
- Download the Custom Recovery and SuperSU from the link given below and save them both to the ADB folder which as per this article is in C drive.
Download Custom Recovery | Download SuperUser
- Type the following commands in the Command Prompt and hit Enter after each command.
adb push supersu.zip /sdcard/supersu.zip
ADB reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery.img
- Now, Unplug the device and get to recovery by holding Volume Down and then the power button.
- Perform a backup of the instrument by selecting the backup in recovery before proceeding.
- Select install then selects the supersu.zip file which we moved it into the instrument in the few steps back.
- Swipe to install it.
- Once it gets done, tap in Reboot System.
Method – 2. Root OnePlus Without PC
Framaroot is one of the most standard Android apps to root most of the smartphones without using the computer. If you don’t have any desktop, you can take advantage of Framaroot. Personally, we haven’t tested with OnePlus, but we guess it works.
- Download Framaroot APK.
- Open Settings >> Security >> enable “unknown sources.”.
- Install Framaroot app in your phone.
- Open and select install SuperUser.
- Tap on any exploit to root your device.
- You’ll get pop, about the root status.
2. Universal Androot
Universal Androot is more open source Android application that helps you to root most of the devices without a desktop. If you own OnePlus 2 or 3, then you can root the device. It is the hands down one click root app to get root access. Without any further, let’s dive in,
- First of all, download Universal Androot.
- Open Settings >> Security >> enable “unknown sources.”.
- Select your Android version.
- Tap the root.
- You’ll get the root status within minutes.
Recommended: Best Root Apps For Android
Wrapping it up,
Now your One Plus device is officially rooted and like we said it does not void the device warranty, unlike other manufacturers. The user cannot root the One Plus device like other devices as the user could jus install the Kingroot and root the device. One has to unlock the Bootloader and then only he/she could root the device. Following the above step in a coherence as the steps are simple and could be done at ease of the user could follow it accordingly.
Root One Plus 2 and One Plus 3 at ease, bring out its true potential and tweak to enjoy the beast inside the hood.